i have a lg optimus s w/android 2.2 i believe. not a techy person :3.anyways back to the point.
i forgot my android passcode lock and seeing as i do not download any applications and only use this phone for texting/gps/calling, i found no use to link my gmail account to my device.
is there anyway to factory reset from my computer?
Here, we show you how to hard reset the LG Optimus S with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the LG Optimus S as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
First, try this:
- From the main home screen, tap menu
- TapSettings, thenPrivacy
- TapFactory data reset
- TapReset phone
- Enter your password if required, then tapErase everythingto confirm
- Turn the power off. If your LG Optimus S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold theHomeandVolume Downbutton
- Press and hold thePowerbutton until the device turns on
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the LG Optimus S. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.
Hope this helps